Referrals are always your best and least expensive marketing resource…that’s assuming that they are qualified referrals. Unqualified referrals are no better than a cold call.
How do you get better qualified referrals?
While I could write a lengthy dissertation on the process of developing a team of business associates who know, like, and trust you enough to refer business to you on a regular basis…it would be far easier just to invite you to see how it’s done.
If you enjoy giving and receiving referrals, and being around positive people, who happen to be very successful, and are extremely professional…then you really need to be at our Visitor Day on May 25th.
Attend this very special networking event with me and bring at least 50 business cards. I would be happy to introduce you to a bunch of people who want to meet you and refer business.
And, remember to share this post with others who are positive and motivated.
I belong to the Oceanside Chapter of BNI that meets every Thursday morning from 7:30am-9:00am at the Portsmouth Country Club in Greenland, NH.
Normally, a visitor must have an invitation from a current member to attend the meetings, but…this Thursday, March 3rd is a rare Open Visitor’s Day.
I can think of 10 good reasons you would want to join us this Thursday at 7:30am.
- You are curious about BNI and want to learn more.
- You want to get noticed by a new group of potential clients. Our chapter consists of approximately 40 members.
- You want to expand your market into a new area.
- Last year our Oceanside BNI chapter passed over $2,000,000 (yes, 2 million) worth of business and you want a piece of that action. We are at the top of the list for referral dollars in the entire state.
- Your current networking has gotten stale. It’s time to move on and up to something bigger.
- You are ready to step up your networking to the World’s Largest and Most Successful Referral Organization. Last year alone BNI generated 6.6 million referrals resulting in $8.6 billion dollars’ worth of business for its members.
- Your business is new and needs to generate new clients quickly.
- You are re-branding yourself and need to meet new referral partners.
- You want the ability to connect with other BNI chapters and their members. There are over 30 chapters in NH and over 900 members.
- You’ve been talking about it forever and it’s just plain time to make the leap. Plus it’s a free opportunity to meet new friends and make connections.
3 Steps to Making It Happen…
- Check out the Oceanside BNI Chapter.
- Look at the membership list and make sure that your business/industry doesn’t conflict with a current member. The group is exclusive to one business from each profession.
- Show up Thursday, March 3rd at 730am, on time, with business cards, and ready to do some serious networking. Life belongs to those who show up and participate. This is not a spectator sport. Of course it’s even better if you pre-register as a visitor.
- What if my business/industry conflicts with a current member?
- Call me. There may accommodations that can be made.
- What if I cannot attend this Thursday?
- Call me. I may be able to invite you at another time, but this Thursday is special for visitors and you really should move any other appointments to be there.
- I don’t know what to expect or what to say.
- Stop worrying about it and just show up. This meeting will walk you through the process very carefully. There is nothing to be afraid of. The group is extremely supportive and welcoming.