“Be afraid, be very afraid.” – The Fly, 1986
Wise words to live by, if you are in sales, and we are all in sales.
A little paranoia will serve you well in sales. Too many sales people allow themselves to fall into a comfort zone because they have one or more of these thoughts in their heads:
- I’m doing OK
- I met my goals
- Good enough is good enough
- I did my best
- It’s quittin’ time
These thoughts come from a very dangerous mindset in sales that allows you to be mediocre and for the competition to run you over. They need to go!
People who succeed in sales spend their time in a mild state of fear and paranoia, but in a good way, a way that serves them and helps to keep them stay hungry. When you lose the fear, you lose the hunger and become complacent. Complacency has no place in sales.
At the same time, don’t mistake this hunger/fear/paranoia for desperation. Not the same. Never let the prospect or customer sense desperation. That will absolutely kill a sale.
What’s the answer?
It’s a combination of working like your family will starve if you don’t (and they might) while at the same time projecting to the prospect or customer that you are not dependent upon them purchasing from you (which you shouldn’t be). Hungry, but not desperate.
To learn more about how to achieve this crazy balance and improve your sales, contact me. Sales can be fun and a most rewarding job when the game is played right.
If you found value in this post, please share. If not, be afraid, be very afraid.
If I offered you an opportunity to build a business, gave you free coaching and tons of support, showed you a step-by-step proven blueprint for how to be successful, and helped you create a 5-year plan to become a millionaire…would you be interested in learning more?
My name is Matt Randall. I’m a business coach with over 30 years of experience helping people set and achieve goals. I’m looking for 10 highly motivated and hard-working GEN-Zr’s (the 18-25 year old group) who want to be the next generation of millionaires by age 30. This is no joke, and it will take hard work, but it can be done. In fact, I’ll introduce you to others who have already reached that goal using this system.
For complete details and days/times for the next business meeting, visit my EVENTS page.
Event Date Change for Your Website Sucks! (but it can be fixed).
Moved to June 23, 2017 from 9am-1pm.
Still at the beautiful 100 Club in Portsmouth.
And, yes, your website still sucks. Be there to learn how to fix it.
What are your core beliefs around money? They may be holding you back and you don’t even know it.
Before you read any further, look at the picture here and ask what your first thought is. Yes, your first instinct before you attach any other rationalization to it, and be honest.
According to the Centre for Clinical Interventions, Core Beliefs are strongly-held, rigid, and inflexible beliefs that are maintained by the tendency to focus on information that supports the belief and ignoring evidence that contradicts it. Core beliefs are the very essence of how we see ourselves, other people, the world, and the future.
Core beliefs happen in the background and guide our every thought and decision. When it comes to money, if you don’t have what you feel is enough, then it is most likely your core beliefs preventing you from achieving the wealth that you deserve. Even the thought of what you feel is enough, is a core belief that may limit you.
Ask yourself if you were brought up with these old sayings and if you still use them on occasion:
- Money is the root of all evil.
- It’s only money.
- Money is there to be spent.
- The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
- I’m just not very good with money.
- My family has never been rich.
- There is never enough money.
- You have to work too hard to get wealthy.
- It’s selfish to want too much money.
- You’re either rich or healthy.
- Matthew 24 – Again, I tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.
- I’ll never get out of debt.
- The system works against me.
- I don’t deserve a lot of money when others have so much less than me.
- It is better to be poor and happy than rich and miserable.
- Being rich is a sin.
- Having too much is greedy.
- I wouldn’t know what to do with it if I had it.
- All rich people are bad.
- Corporations make too much and keep people poor.
- I can’t seem to save any money.
- If I don’t have any then nobody can steal it.
- They call it ‘filthy rich’ for a reason.
- Money changes people.
This list could go on all day.
If you are still broke or struggling, then I humbly suggest you harbor some of these core beliefs. Let’s chat about that and make some changes because you deserve to have more in your life. Contact me for a free consultation.
Referrals are always your best and least expensive marketing resource…that’s assuming that they are qualified referrals. Unqualified referrals are no better than a cold call.
How do you get better qualified referrals?
While I could write a lengthy dissertation on the process of developing a team of business associates who know, like, and trust you enough to refer business to you on a regular basis…it would be far easier just to invite you to see how it’s done.
If you enjoy giving and receiving referrals, and being around positive people, who happen to be very successful, and are extremely professional…then you really need to be at our Visitor Day on May 25th.
Attend this very special networking event with me and bring at least 50 business cards. I would be happy to introduce you to a bunch of people who want to meet you and refer business.
And, remember to share this post with others who are positive and motivated.
2 years go by fast and you’re invited to celebrate.
Let’s have some fun with friends and prizes!
Anyone can play and there is no purchase necessary to earn raffle tickets.
Download the official contest rules here – MayContest
What can you win?
All entries will be placed in a random drawing for these cool prizes:
- 1 Seacret Mascara Gift Set (retail value $79 – SOLD OUT, but I have 1)
- 1 Seacret Mother’s Day GORGEOUS Gift Set (retail value $135 – SOLD OUT, but I have 1)
- 10 Tickets to an exclusive party on May 23rd at the Fisher Cats Baseball Game in Manchester, NH. Luxury suite seats with food and drinks.
- Could be some surprises also.
How do you earn tickets?
The contest runs May 1 through May 21 at 8pm ET.
- 1 Ticket for every item purchased online
- 2 Tickets for attending my 2nd Anniversary Party on May 21 from 5pm-8pm. Be there for the drawing and get bragging rights!
- 3 Tickets for bringing a friend to the party
- 3 Tickets for VIP customers who refer a friend who purchases through your personal web portal by using the ‘Enroll Customer’ button (they also get entered in the raffle, plus you get $10 credit in your account for each referral)
- 5 Tickets for joining me at the Maine Event on Friday, May 19, 630pm in Kennebunk Maine. (call me to book a seat. It’s free.)
- 5 Tickets for scheduling a spa party in May
- 5 Tickets for closing an open party by May 21
- 10 Tickets for becoming a SEACRET™ Agent by May 21
How do you order?
Current Customers – use your personal web portal
New Customers – call me for directions on how to become a customer and choose the right products for you – 603-767-6500
Remember…you don’t need to purchase anything to earn raffle tickets. You can simply show up the events and bring friends to party with us or schedule a Seacret spa party.
Call for details, directions, questions, or just have a pleasant conversation with your local Seacret Agent.
If I invited you to a very special event where you will have the opportunity to meet a self-made millionaire and hear his rags to riches as well as learn how you can have the same experience…would you be there with me?
Let me know if you can attend and I’ll save you a seat.
Congratulations to our students who tested this week. You were fantastic!
2017 Semester 3
Our class is almost at capacity. We have just 3 open spaces if anyone is interested in starting this semester. Friends and family are always given priority. Contact us now to get on the list.
Starts – Monday, May 8, 2017
Graduation – Wednesday, June 28, 2017
Vacation Week – 7/2 through 7/8
Life Skills Topics – A Future Black Belt Leaders is…
Reading Material – LIM2 lesson4
Kicks – Side Kick and Hook Kick
Hand Techniques – Palm Strikes
Self-Defense – Grappling, we will be learning variations on the armbar you see in the photo above.
Black Belt Self-Defense – Gun Disarms