What are your core beliefs around money? They may be holding you back and you don’t even know it.
Before you read any further, look at the picture here and ask what your first thought is. Yes, your first instinct before you attach any other rationalization to it, and be honest.
According to the Centre for Clinical Interventions, Core Beliefs are strongly-held, rigid, and inflexible beliefs that are maintained by the tendency to focus on information that supports the belief and ignoring evidence that contradicts it. Core beliefs are the very essence of how we see ourselves, other people, the world, and the future.
Core beliefs happen in the background and guide our every thought and decision. When it comes to money, if you don’t have what you feel is enough, then it is most likely your core beliefs preventing you from achieving the wealth that you deserve. Even the thought of what you feel is enough, is a core belief that may limit you.
Ask yourself if you were brought up with these old sayings and if you still use them on occasion:
- Money is the root of all evil.
- It’s only money.
- Money is there to be spent.
- The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
- I’m just not very good with money.
- My family has never been rich.
- There is never enough money.
- You have to work too hard to get wealthy.
- It’s selfish to want too much money.
- You’re either rich or healthy.
- Matthew 24 – Again, I tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.
- I’ll never get out of debt.
- The system works against me.
- I don’t deserve a lot of money when others have so much less than me.
- It is better to be poor and happy than rich and miserable.
- Being rich is a sin.
- Having too much is greedy.
- I wouldn’t know what to do with it if I had it.
- All rich people are bad.
- Corporations make too much and keep people poor.
- I can’t seem to save any money.
- If I don’t have any then nobody can steal it.
- They call it ‘filthy rich’ for a reason.
- Money changes people.
This list could go on all day.
If you are still broke or struggling, then I humbly suggest you harbor some of these core beliefs. Let’s chat about that and make some changes because you deserve to have more in your life. Contact me for a free consultation.