First of all, I don’t have a JOB, I have a BUSINESS (actually 4 of them).
There is a quote often attributed to Confucius that reads “When you love what you do, you never work a day in your life.” While it sounds good, this is not exactly correct. More often, those who love what they do actually work much harder than those who hate their jobs. As a result, they earn more and are happier in the process. It may be more correct to say, “When you love what you do, you enjoy working more than those who don’t.”
It’s precisely this labor of love that prompts some people to work for themselves (the toughest boss you will ever have) and reach levels of success that others can only dream about.
These are the Top 10 Reasons why I love what I do and why I am a self-employed business owner.
- I work from home
- I work when I want
- I choose which clients I want to work with
- I have a fantastic support team that is my extended family
- I have unlimited earning potential
- I take vacations when I want to, not when the company allows it
- I get rewarded for my hard work, not paid for my time
- I earn bonuses and perks when I perform well
- Most of what I do and spend can be considered a tax deduction
- My future is in my control, not the whim of the company
Being your own business owner is not for everyone, but if you think you might want the freedom and independence that goes with being ‘unemployable’, contact me. I may be able to help you make the right decision.
If you found value in this post, please share.
PS. Many don’t know that you can start your own business for less than $1000. Ask me about it.