Let’s start 2017 with a look back at 2016 in a backwards sort of gratitude for those who see the light at the end of the tunnel as the sun rising, not an oncoming train.
- Thank you to the goals I didn’t achieve because they forced me to think harder and search deeper for greater goals.
- Thank you to the people who left my life last year for they left openings for even more remarkable friendships.
- Thank you for the changes I was forced to make because I may not have made the leap without the push.
- Thank you for the obstacles placed in my path for they challenged me to think in different directions and expand my options.
- Thank you for the mistakes I made because they increased my experience and wisdom.
- Thank you for every bump and bruise for they made me stronger.
- Thank you for each loss of a family or friend for they helped me to cherish life with those still here even more.
- Thank you for every argument because sometimes I lost and that gave me greater understanding and appreciation for someone else’s point of view.
- Thank you for each and every failure and loss for they kept my ego in check and helped me mature.
- Thank you for every new grey hair that my children have given me because each one represents a memory I will cherish…and a story I will tell their children with great enthusiasm.
The glass is neither half full nor half empty. It is either waiting for you drink the remainder or refill it. Either way, enjoy the drink and worry not about the glass. Be thankful that you have a glass and that there is something in it.